Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Stanley Parable

Galactic Cafe - 2013 - PC

I loved everything about this game. Loved it. If I had to pick a “Game of the Year”, Stanley Parable would probably be it, since FTL technically came out last year. I only wish this game were longer. I want a 20-30 hour version of this game. You’ll probably be done with this game in about 5 hours or so.

This will be another difficult one to talk about without spoiling anything, but The Stanley Parable is kind of a “choose your own adventure” with a narrator that describes all of your choices. You’ll likely keep restarting the game even after you've gotten an ending just to see what the other endings are. The game has a fantastic sense of humor and frequently breaks the 4th wall and pokes fun at video game tropes. The writing is excellent. Some endings will make you laugh, others will make you think. My favorite endings do both.

Summary:
I would recommend this to nearly everyone, just know that it’s unfortunately pretty short.

No comments:

Post a Comment